WAEC Foods And Nutrition Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF. WAEC Foods And Nutrition Questions and Answers 2023…If you are about to write the West African Senior Certificate Exams (WASSCE), you will realize that you need the WAEC Past Questions and Answers.
This article provides you with WAEC Foods And Nutrition Questions and Answers for the WASSCE 2023. It contains information regarding the WAEC Foods And Nutrition Theory and Objective Questions and Answers.
WAEC Foods And Nutrition Objective and Theory Questions/Answers
OBJECTIVE (OBJ) ANSWER:
1a- a legume is a plant of its fruit or seed in the family fabaceae. They fruit containing a shed or a pod
1b) bean: kidney beans Lenstil
•legumes are rich in protein
•Legume provide fiber for heart and digestive health
•Legumes help you manage your weight
•Legumes is easy to add to your diet
1. Long term storage of fresh produce (12months+) without needing a refrigerator or freezer.
2. Environmentally friendly – using seasonally grown and locally sourced fresh produce, re-use preserving jars, reducing food packaging and reducing food miles.
3. Save money by buying in bulk and seasonally.
4. Flavour! Home-canned food won’t contain artificial preservatives, BPA or other artificial ingredients.
5. Convenience – ready to serve in minutes.
6. Community involvement – both the canning process and sharing with family, friends and neighbours. Teach skills to the next generation.
7. Gifts – nothing beats a homemade jam for a present?
8. Prepare for emergencies and/or illness.
9. Personal satisfaction. We love creating new flavour combinations that you cannot buy in your local store – and showing how to use canned food in cooking dishes.
•Prevention or delay of microbial
• By keeping out microorganisms (asepsis)
• By removal of microorganisms
• By hindering the growth and activity of
microorganisms (e.g. by low temperatures,
drying, anaerobic conditions, or chemicals).
• By killing the microorganisms (e.g. by heat or
3) Prevention or delay of self decomposition of
• By destruction or inactivation of food
enzymes (by blanching)
• By prevention or delay of chemical reactions
(By using antioxidant)
3bi) protein are essential for the nutrient of the body because they are building blocks of the body tissue and can also server as a fuel, it is mostly needed for human growth
3bii) protein is a nutrient found in food (meat, beans, milk) that is made up of many amino acids. it ts necessary part of diet for human growth
4ai)Recipe is a set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required.
i) List of Ingredients
ii) Amount of the Ingredients
I) Include a variety of foods from the major food groups:A balanced diet requires eating a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, and lean protein (this includes beans and other legumes, nuts and seeds).
ii) Use a variety of ingredients, flavors and textures:Since calories, nutrients and fiber content of foods in the same food group can differ dramatically, good nutrition depends on getting a variety of different foods from within the food groups.
iii)Take proper portion sizes into account:When people are faced with overly large portions, they tend to overeat. Check the packages of foods you’re preparing to about serving sizes and follow the guidelines. Unless you intend to make a lot of food so that there will be leftovers, try to follow basic serving size guidelines.
5i)A recipe is a set of instructions that describes how to prepare or makeY something, especially a culinary dish. It is also used in medicine or in information technology (user acceptance).
How to Download WAEC Past Questions and Answers
WAEC Past Questions and Answers are available for download for all subjects in PDF. To download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Foods And Nutrition, you only need a phone, a whatsapp account and a Gmail address.
Then call 07063986527 and drop and WhatsApp message.
Click the Link Below to download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Foods And Nutrition.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated to any of the organization’s mention here. Some of the organizations here do not release their past questions, so we can only compile likely questions and answers very related to the organization.
If You Want More Information, please subscribe to our email list and leave a comment with your number below, also Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated with any of the organizations or institutions here. All articles here are for the sole purpose of providing information. All Past questions are gotten from previous years’ examinations and likely questions from the Internet and related exams. We are not in any way promising that what you find in the past questions is what you will find in your examination. We are not in any way responsible for how the reader uses the information here. Please do consult an expert or professional in your field should the need arise.
Copyrights Infringement: No article from this website should be copied without a proper reference and link to the page picked from. Anything otherwise will lead to legal action of copyright infringement. All articles on this website are products of painstaking research from our writers and journalist. Should you find any material bearing semblance here to any material on your page, please quickly notify us by sending a mail to email@example.com and we will immediately commence the process of taking it down.