WAEC Economics Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF. WAEC Economics Questions and Answers…If you are about to write the West African Senior Certificate Exams (WASSCE), you will realize that you need the WAEC Past Questions and Answers.
This article provides you with WAEC Economics Questions and Answers for the WASSCE 2023. It contains information regarding the WAEC Economics Theory and Objective Questions and Answers.
There will be two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2; both of which will be combined in a 3 hour composite paper.
Paper 1: will consist of fifty multiple choice questions to be taken in 1 hour for 50 marks.
Paper 2: will consist of eight essay- type questions in two sections: Sections A and B.
Section A shall be on data response. Candidates will be required to answer four questions in all, choosing one question from Section A and any three questions from Section B. The paper shall last 2 hours for 80 marks.
WAEC Economics Objective Questions
1. One of the advantages of large scale production is that
A. there is a rise in the cost of administration.
B. consumers sacrifice their individual tastes.
C. the firm can use labour-saving machinery.
D. the demand for a firm’s products becomes localized.
2. The location of timber and plywood industries in West Africa is mainly influenced by the availability of
C. raw materials.
D. labour supply.
3. Malthus’ population theory states that
A. high death rate may lead to low productivity.
B. population may outgrow the means of subsistence.
C. people will always decide to have children.
D. migration may leave some parts of the world barren.
4. Which of the following is not likely to be an effect of a growing population?
A. Rise in demand
C. Fall in standard of living
D. High per capita income
5. Personal savings are generally low in West Africa because of
A. the level of income of the people.
B. the refusal of banks to grant loans.
D. cheaper foreign currencies.
6. Devaluation of currency in a country is likely to lead to
A. increasing population.
B. increasing imports.
C. exports becoming cheaper.
D. reduced exports.
7. Which of the following is not a benefit derived from the petroleum industry?
A. Increased foreign exchange earnings
B. Establishment of refineries and petrochemical industries
C. Employment of a greater proportion of the population
D. Development of airports, seaports and other social infrastructure
8. An efficient weapon used in resolving disputes between employees is
B. collective bargaining.
C. display of placards.
D. legal action.
9. A country’s balance of payment is in deficit when
A. a country’s payments for imports of invisible goods are greater than her receipts from exports of invisible goods.
B. the total receipts from her export of visible and invisible goods are greater than her payments for visible and invisible imports.
C. it can record a surplus on current account of her balance of payments accounts.
D. the total payments for visible and invisible imports are greater than the total receipts from her exports of visible and invisible goods.
10. Which of the following features best describes peasant agriculture in West Africa? It
A. specializes in the production of one crop.
B. involves the use of small farm holdings.
C. is a capital-intensive system of farming.
D. is mostly associated with tree crops
WAEC Economics Theory Questions
1. The table below represents a traveller’s consumption of bottles of Coca-Cola. Study it carefully and answer the questions that follow:-
|No. of Bottles||Total Utility||Marginal Utility|
(a) Determine the missing figures D, E, F, G and H.
(b) Draw the demand curve for the traveller’s consumption of Coca-Coca.
(c) Explain the law of diminishing marginal utility as the basis for the slope of the traveller’s demand curve.
2. (a) Distinguish between economic activities and an economic system.
(b) Explain the following terms:
3. (a) With the aid of a diagram, explain a minimum price.
(b) State any five measures by which a minimum price for an agricultural produce can be made effective.
4. (a) Describe the output method of measuring the gross domestic product of a country.
(b) How is the net national product at factor cost obtained from gross domestic product?
(c) State two problems associated with the output method.
5. (a) Explain the function of money as a
(i) measure of value;
(ii) store of value.
(b) Show how inflation affects these two functions of money.
6. (a) What is a commercial bank?
(b) Describe any four ways by which the Central Bank controls the amount of Credit given by the commercial banks.
7. (a) Differentiate between human capital and physical capital.
(b) State three ways of improving on the stock of human capital in your country.
How to Download WAEC Past Questions and Answers
WAEC Past Questions and Answers are available for download for all subjects in PDF. To download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Economics, you only need a phone, a whatsapp account and a Gmail address.
- WAEC Marketing Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF
- WAEC Literature In English Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF
- WAEC Islamic Religious Studies Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF
- WAEC History Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF
- WAEC Physical Education Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF
Then call 07063986527 and drop and WhatsApp message.
Click the Link Below to download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Economics.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated to any of the organization’s mention here. Some of the organizations here do not release their past questions, so we can only compile likely questions and answers very related to the organization.
If You Want More Information, please subscribe to our email list and leave a comment with your number below, also Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated with any of the organizations or institutions here. All articles here are for the sole purpose of providing information. All Past questions are gotten from previous years’ examinations and likely questions from the Internet and related exams. We are not in any way promising that what you find in the past questions is what you will find in your examination. We are not in any way responsible for how the reader uses the information here. Please do consult an expert or professional in your field should the need arise.
Copyrights Infringement: No article from this website should be copied without a proper reference and link to the page picked from. Anything otherwise will lead to legal action of copyright infringement. All articles on this website are products of painstaking research from our writers and journalist. Should you find any material bearing semblance here to any material on your page, please quickly notify us by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately commence the process of taking it down.