WAEC Government Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF. WAEC Government Questions and Answers PDF …If you are about to write the West African Senior Certificate Exams (WASSCE), you will realize that you need the WAEC Past Questions and Answers.
This article provides you with WAEC Government Questions and Answers for the WASSCE 2023. It contains information regarding the WAEC Government Theory and Objective Questions and Answers.
WAEC Government Objective Questions
1. Power differs from influence in that it is
A. persuasive while influence is directive
B. coercive while influence is harmful
C. coercive while influence is persuasive
D. arrogant while influence is corruptive
2. The standing committee of a legislature is one
A. whose member stand while deliberating
B. that has statutory responsibilities
C. that perform adhoc functions
D. that has legislators as members.
3. Where the constitution is supreme, unconstitutional acts of the executive and the legislature can be checked by the courts through
B. judicial review
C. vote of no confidence
4. The central decision-making organ of a confederation is made up of
A. technocrats appointed by the units
B. politicians elected from the confederal constituencies
C. politicians nominated by the government of member states
D. representatives of pressure groups.
5. Which of the following is true of a parliamentary system of government?
A. clear separation of government organs.
B. strict operation of a bicameral legislature.
C. removal of government by impeachment.
D. adherence to majority rule.
6. A major feature of authoritarianism is that government is
7. The central point of capitalism, as expounded by Karl Marx, is that
A. capitalist profit is the surplus value obtained from workers labour
B. workers are inherently incapable of being owners of their labour
C. capitalists shall always increase worker earning capacity through wages
D. capitslists shall always readily consent to workers welfare demands.
8. A constitution that requires a plebiscite or a referendum to be amended is
9. An important function of a constitution is that it
A. provide a framework for the study of government
B. facilities cross-fertilization of ideas of governance
C. serves as the fountian head of authority for the execise of power
D. promotes citizen participation in government and administration.
10. When a bill passed by the legislature is vetoed by the executive, the action underscores the principle
A. probity and accountability
B. separation of powers
C. collective responsibility
D. checks and balances.
11. In the legislative process, a bill is pass
A. motion accepted for debate
B. motion rejected after debate
C. proposal before the legislature
D. law pass by the legislature.
12. One of the advantages of a bicameral over a unicameral legislature is that it
A. is cheap to maintain
B. promotes social equality
C. takes less time for the bills to be passed
D. prevents the passage of ill-considered bills.
13. The fundamental rights of citizens include rights to
A. free education, employment and freedom of thought
B. life, speech and association
C. life, liberty and property
D. association,property and social security.
14. The manipulation of boundaries of constituencies in order to win more seats is called
15. One argument against a multi-party system is the
A. encouragement of opposition and instability
B. banning of interest groups
C. inability to attract foreign assistance
D. high cost of conducting elections.
16. Associational interest groups are organized to
A. Further the interest of members
B. Specifically lobby the government
C. Support the government
D. Achieve goals affecting other associations.
17. Public opinion is a view that is
A. held by the majority
B. active in the public realm
C. widely publicized
D. no longer a secret.
18. The political neutrality of civil servants implies that they
A. are not allowed to join any organisation or group
B. have no dealings with politicians
C. are not allowed to be involved in partisan politics
D. are not allowed to vote.
19. The idea of making the civil service permanent, neutral and anonymous is to
A. Enhance efficiency in administration
B. Ensure loyalty and support
C. Prevent opposition to government
D. Make civil servants a functional elite.
20. The western zone of the Sokoto caliphate was administered from
21. Some pre-colonial Nigerian societies are described as stateless because
A. they had no formal governmental institutions
B. they had no definite political boundaries
C. their population was too small
D. they were not independent.
22. The method used by the British to facilitate the administration of Southern Nigeria was
C. Divide and rule
D. Trade association.
23. A major function of the warrant chiefs was to
A. prevent tribal wars
B. supervise native courts and markets
C. stop ritual killings
D. take charge of local administration.
24. After 1945, the demand of African nationalists changed from reform to independence because
A. colonial rule became less oppressive
B. colonial rule was in disarray
C. the second world war boosted their morale
D. the second world war enhanced colonial rule.
25. When Nigeria achieved independence in 1960, the head of state was the
B. prime minister
D. Queen of England.
26. Delegated legislature becomes unavoidable when
A. legislators cannot reach a consensus
B. issues under consideration are personal
C. issues under consideration are technical
D. legislators have to proceed on a recess.
27. One major disadvantage of public opinion is that
A. the critics of government policies are always harassed
B. a vocal minority claims to represent the majority
C. gossip and rumours thrive
D. leaders are unncessarily criticized.
28. Citizenship in a modern state expresses the status of a person who possesses
A. full political rights
B. some religious rights
C. social right only
D. exclusive economic rights.
29. Communism is a system which recognizes
A. class stratification
B. the existence of the state
C. the existence of the individual
D. the ability of the individual
30. The delineation of constituencies is a major duty of the
A. national assembly
B. political parties
C. boundary commission
D. electoral commission
31. The structure of the civil service is based on
A. lateral organisation
B. merit system
C. patronage system
D. hierachical organization
32. A common feature of a multi-party system is that government is formed by
A. the major political party
B. all the registered political parties
C. a coalition of political parties
D. the party with the highest votes.
33. To qualify for absorption into the administration cadre of the civil service in Nigeria, an applicant must be
A. knowledgable in civil services rule
B. a holder of a first university degree
C. specifically trained in public administration
D. a senior civil serv.ant
34. The final interpretation pf the provisions of a federal constitution is vested in the
A. head of state
B. council of state
C. highest legislative body
D. highest court of the land.
35. A major issue that distinguishes pressure groups from political parties is
A. Membership drive
B. The objective
C. The voting pattern
36. Proportional representation is a system of allocating seats in the legislature based on
A. gender participation in polities
B. an area
C. contribution to the national economy
D. total votes in an election.
37. The application of the principle of separation of powers seems impracticable because powers is
38. When did Nigeria gain her Independence?
A. 1st October, 1963
B. 31st October, 1690
C. 1st October, 2012
D. 1st October, 1960
E. 12th October, 1992
39. The central legislature of Nigeria became bicameral in
40. Which of these constitutions recognized local government as a third tier of government in Nigeria?
A. 1946 Constitution.
B. 1960 Constitution.
C. 1963 Constitution.
D. 1979 Constitution.
41. Under the 1963 constitution, items not listed in the exclusive and concurrent list were within the exclusive competence of the
B. federal parliament
C. regional legislatures
42. Before Nigeria became a republic, the highest body charged with the administrator of justice was the
A. Privy council
B. High court
C. Supreme court
D. Court of appeal
43. The equivalent of the commissioner at the local government level is the
A. Executive chairman
D. Supervisory councilor.
44. The Independent National Electoral Commission has the power to prepare and maintain the register of
A. Political parties
D. Electoral candidates.
45. The president of Nigeria is advised on the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country by the
A. National Security Council
B. National Defense Council
C. Council of state
D. Federal Executive Council
46. The Nigerian Youth Movement collapsed as the result of
A. Its failure to win election
B. Shortage of funds to run its affairs
C. The harassment of its leadership by the government.
D. The breakup of its leadership.
47. The first restructuring of the Nigerian Federation took place with the
A. Creation of mid-west Region in 1963
B. Abolition of federalism in 1966
C. Military counter-coup in 1966
D. Creation of states in 1967
48. The land use decree of 1978 vested the ownership of land in Nigeria in the
A. local chiefs
B. local governments
C. state governments
D. federal governments
49. The main source of financing local government in Nigeria is
A. internal revenue generation
B. statutory revenue allocation
C. special state grants
50. The most remarkable legacy of the 1976 Local Government Reform in Nigeria was the introduction of
A. the office of sole administrators
B. caretaker management committees
C. uniformity in structure and functions
D. the third tier of government
WAEC Government Theory Questions
1. Outline three merits and three demerits of Separation of Powers.
2. Explain six functions performed by political parties in your country.
3. Describe six factors that can determine the effectiveness of pressure groups
4. Explain six duties expected to be performed by a citizen of a state.
5. (a) What is a state?
(b) Outline five reasons why individuals must belong to a state.
6. How did the people of British West African territories govern themselves before the advent of colonial rule.
7. What are the main criticisms levelled against the 1946 Richards Constitution of Nigeria.
8. Outline six benefits Nigeria derives from her membership of the United Nations Organization.
How to Download WAEC Past Questions and Answers
WAEC Past Questions and Answers are available for download for all subjects in PDF. To download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Government, you only need a phone, a whatsapp account and a Gmail address.
Then call 07063986527 and drop and WhatsApp message.
Click the Link Below to download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Government.
Download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for all Subjects Including practical.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated to any of the organization’s mention here. Some of the organizations here do not release their past questions, so we can only compile likely questions and answers very related to the organization.
If You Want More Information, please subscribe to our email list and leave a comment with your number below, also Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated with any of the organizations or institutions here. All articles here are for the sole purpose of providing information. All Past questions are gotten from previous years’ examinations and likely questions from the Internet and related exams. We are not in any way promising that what you find in the past questions is what you will find in your examination. We are not in any way responsible for how the reader uses the information here. Please do consult an expert or professional in your field should the need arise.
Copyrights Infringement: No article from this website should be copied without a proper reference and link to the page picked from. Anything otherwise will lead to legal action of copyright infringement. All articles on this website are products of painstaking research from our writers and journalist. Should you find any material bearing semblance here to any material on your page, please quickly notify us by sending a mail to [email protected] and we will immediately commence the process of taking it down.
1 thought on “WAEC Government Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF”
I need Government questions
Comments are closed.