WAEC Textile Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PDF
WAEC Textile Questions and Answers 2023…If you are about to write the West African Senior Certificate Exams (WASSCE), you will realize that you need the WAEC Past Questions and Answers.
This article provides you with WAEC Textile Questions and Answers for the WASSCE 2023. It contains information regarding the WAEC Textile Theory and Objective Questions and Answers.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3, all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which must be answered within 50 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six essay-type questions. Candidates will be required to answer four within 2 hours for 60 marks.
PAPER 3: Will be two practical projects out of which candidates will execute one within five days, working for six hours each of the days. The paper will carry 80 marks
The questions will be sent to the candidates two weeks before the execution period for candidates to study. Designing of sketches and preparatory notes should also be done within the two weeks prior to the execution of the project.
These will carry 20 marks. The total mark for the paper is therefore 100.
WAEC Textile Objective Questions
1. Identify from the options below, a reason for the study of textiles.
A. To acquire more fabrics
B. To retail fabrics
C. To understand the behaviour of fabrics.
D. To wear gorgeous fabrics
2. Identify, from the options below, a primary property of textile fibre.
3. Select the property that best describes a traditionally spun yarn from the options.
4. Which of the following statements is perculiar to woven fabrics?
A. It can accommodate movement.
B. It can easily be stretched.
C. It is made up of two sets of yarns.
D. It is suitable for underwear.
5. The purpose of blending fibres is to
A. Achieve a specific fibre property.
B. Acquire a temporary fibre strength.
C. Create an artificial fibre.
D. Decrease fibre fluffs and neps.
6. To produce fine yarns, slivers are further processed by
7. Find the density of reed which is used to weave a stole of 15 cm wide with 300 ends of 36s count cotton.
A. 20 dents/cm
B. 51 dents/cm
C. 540 dents/cm
D. 4500 dents/cm
8. Identify the most appropriate chemical used for coating screens in exposures.
B. Potassium dichromate
C. Sodium bicarbonate
9. Calculate the number of ends needed to weave a fabric 90 cm wide, if the reed density is 15 dents/cm. Include 25 ends in each selvedge.
A. 375 ends
B. 1400 ends
C. 1450 ends
D. 2250 ends
10. Calendering, singeing and tentering are classified as
A. Dry finishing.
B. Permanent finishing.
C. Chemical finishing.
D. Wet finishing.
WAEC Textile Theory Questions
Theory [Essay] Questions:
1. State and explain five reasons to justify why Textiles should be studied in schools.
2. Discuss how textiles can be used to solve the following national issues. Give examples to
support your answer:
(b) Drug abuse,
(c) Rural-urban migration.
3. (a) List two textile industries established and indicate their location and product.
(b) Identify and discuss three factors which encouraged the establishment of textile
Industries in Ghana in the early1960s.
4. Advance five reasons to convince the Ghanaian consumer to patronize made-in-Ghana
5. Compare the characteristics of the following pairs of fabrics:
(a) Bark cloth (kyenkyen) and kente;
(b) Adinkra and Nasasaawa (appliqué cloth);
(c) Wax prints and fancy prints
PAPER 3 [PROJECT]:
(1) Design and produce a pictorial batik based on the proverb, Birds of the same feathers, flock together. The product is to be used for a wall hanging. Enhance the work with suitable accessories. Size: 60 cm by 80 cm
(2) Using any suitable loom, design and weave a stripped plain fabric. The woven fabric should be less than 40 cm by 10 cm. The warped pattern should be in two colours only.
How to Download WAEC Past Questions and Answers
WAEC Past Questions and Answers are available for download for all subjects in PDF. To download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Textile, you only need a phone, a whatsapp account and a Gmail address.
Then call 07063986527 and drop and WhatsApp message.
Click the Link Below to download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Textile.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated to any of the organization’s mention here. Some of the organizations here do not release their past questions, so we can only compile likely questions and answers very related to the organization.
If You Want More Information, please subscribe to our email list and leave a comment with your number below, also Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated with any of the organizations or institutions here. All articles here are for the sole purpose of providing information. All Past questions are gotten from previous years’ examinations and likely questions from the Internet and related exams. We are not in any way promising that what you find in the past questions is what you will find in your examination. We are not in any way responsible for how the reader uses the information here. Please do consult an expert or professional in your field should the need arise.
Copyrights Infringement: No article from this website should be copied without a proper reference and link to the page picked from. Anything otherwise will lead to legal action of copyright infringement. All articles on this website are products of painstaking research from our writers and journalist. Should you find any material bearing semblance here to any material on your page, please quickly notify us by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately commence the process of taking it down.