WAEC Commerce Questions and Answers 2023 | Theory and OBJ- Download PD3. WAEC Commerce Questions and Answers 2023 …If you are about to write the West African Senior Certificate Exams (WASSCE), you will realize that you need the WAEC Past Questions and Answers.
This article provides you with WAEC Commerce Questions and Answers for the WASSCE 2023. It contains information regarding the WAEC Commerce Theory and Objective Questions and Answers.
The Waec commerce exam is for Paper 2 & 1: Essay & Objective which will commence from 9.30am and end by 12.20pm. In this post, we will be posting out samples of the waec commerce questions for candidates that will participate in the examination.
WAEC Commerce Objective Questions
Section A [Objectives]
Answer ALL questions.
Shade your answers on the answer booklet provided.
1. What does the term commerce describe?
A aids to trade and direct services
B direct services and industry
C industry and trade
D trade and aids to trade.
2. Division of labour in a firm leads to
A diseconomies of scale.
B longer working hours for the workforce.
C standardisation of products.
D the workforce being multi-skilled.
3. Industry, commerce and direct services are all needed for production because
A they are dependent on each other.
B they exist to create specialisation.
C they provide services to each other.
D they sell goods to each other.
4. Which function is not performed by a retailer?
A displaying goods
B grading goods
C manufacturing goods
D supplying goods.
5. The picture below shows a plastic card used by consumers.
Which type of card is shown?
A cash and carry card
B credit card
C debit card
D loyalty card.
6. What is the main disadvantage of e-commerce to the customer?
A danger of credit card fraud
B power failure during a transaction
C retailer running out of stock of the items ordered
D wrong goods supplied by the retailer.
7. Many people obtain credit from their local shops.
What is this called?
A cash discount
8. Problems with faulty goods have led to the growth of
A consumer protection.
C mail order.
D persuasive advertising.
9. What is a disadvantage of rapid and accurate communication systems?
A ability to communicate one message to multiple addresses
B employees within a company are not linked using networks
C greater speed of communication between businesses in different countries
D increased cost and complexity of methods used.
10. What is an advantage of telephone communication in business?
A copies of documents may be transmitted
B messages can be corrected before transmission
C problems may be discussed
D visual contact is made.
11. Which methods of transport are most likely to be used to transport oil from Australia to
A canal and sea
B pipeline and sea
C rail and pipeline
D road and air.
12. What is an advantage of containerisation in sea transport?
A avoidance of customs duty
B carriage of one type of product at a time
C fast turnaround of ships at ports
D quick unpacking of goods at docks.
13. A washing machine manufacturer wishes to promote a newly-designed product.
Which advertising medium would reach the most consumers?
14. The picture below shows an advertisement for an airline.
Which method of appeal is shown in the advertisement?
D social acceptance.
15. Which factor plays a part in the increasing volume of air freight that is being transported
A availability of larger aircraft
B fluctuating aviation fuel prices
C increased international terrorism
D increased tourism.
16. Which airport facility is likely to be the most important to a business exporting goods through an airport?
A currency exchanges
B duty free shops
C lifting gear
D luggage handling.
17. Warehousing is unlikely to be part of the chain of distribution for
A canned food.
18. The diagram shows part of a credit note.
How is the document used?
A The buyer sends it to the supplier after goods have arrived damaged.
B The buyer sends it to the supplier’s bank to pay for goods supplied.
C The supplier sends it to the buyer after goods have been returned damaged.
D The supplier sends it to the buyer’s bank to cancel over-payments.
NOTE: There is nothing like Waec Gce commerce expo online. Do not be deceived by fraudsters posing with fake Waec answers on the internet.
WAEC Commerce Theory Questions
1. Olegun Minerals Ltd is a multinational mining business with coal mines in many countries. Some parts of the mining industry are in the public sector and some are in the private sector.
(a) (i) Mining is a primary industry. Explain what is meant by a primary industry.
(ii) Explain two differences between the public sector and the private sector.
(b) Discuss whether or not multinationals, such as Olegun Minerals, benefit the countries in which they are located. Give reasons for your answer.
(c) Olegun Minerals moves its coal by rail to seaports.
(i) Is rail the best way to move coal? Give reasons for your answer.
(ii) Describe two services offered at seaports for handling goods.
2. Sandra has owned a hairdressing salon for the last five years. She knows that hairdressing is a very competitive market and she is always worried about the survival of her business.
(a) Explain two actions Sandra might take to help her hairdressing salon survive in a very competitive market.
(b) A customer has complained that she has been injured by a faulty hairdryer in Sandra’s
salon. State four actions that the customer should take.
(c) A well-known hairdressing business is offering franchise opportunities. Sandra is considering whether or not a franchise is the best option for her business.
(i) Identify two characteristics of a franchise.
(ii) Discuss whether or not Sandra should change her salon to a franchise. Give reasons for your answer.
(d) Sandra sells many beauty products at her salon. State four reasons why these beauty products are packaged.
How to Download WAEC Past Questions and Answers
WAEC Past Questions and Answers are available for download for all subjects in PDF. To download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Commerce, you only need a phone, a whatsapp account and a Gmail address.
Then call 07063986527 and drop and WhatsApp message.
Click the Link Below to download WAEC Past Questions and Answers for Commerce.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated to any of the organization’s mention here. Some of the organizations here do not release their past questions, so we can only compile likely questions and answers very related to the organization.
If You Want More Information, please subscribe to our email list and leave a comment with your number below, also Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated with any of the organizations or institutions here. All articles here are for the sole purpose of providing information. All Past questions are gotten from previous years’ examinations and likely questions from the Internet and related exams. We are not in any way promising that what you find in the past questions is what you will find in your examination. We are not in any way responsible for how the reader uses the information here. Please do consult an expert or professional in your field should the need arise.
Copyrights Infringement: No article from this website should be copied without a proper reference and link to the page picked from. Anything otherwise will lead to legal action of copyright infringement. All articles on this website are products of painstaking research from our writers and journalist. Should you find any material bearing semblance here to any material on your page, please quickly notify us by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately commence the process of taking it down.