NECO Civic Education Past Questions and Answers | Theory, and Objectives –Download PDF. The National Examination Council of Nigeria (NECO) Examination is around the corner. This article provides the readers with information on how to download NECO Civic Education Past Questions and Answers. NECO Civic Education Questions are essential for you to know if you want to pass the NECO SSCE Civic Education Exams 2023.
The NECO Civic Education past questions and answers is a compiled material in PDF that contains past questions from NECO Civic Education Exams of previous years. The material comes with answers and is easily downloadable.
You can download the materials here. The instructions on how to download the NECO Civic Education can be found below. You are expected to follow the instructions in order for you to succeed. The material does not only contain information on NECO Civic Education Questions and answers but how to pass exams as well. You can see this article on the 21 indispensable steps to pass any exams with high grade.
Download also: WAEC past Questions and Answers.
NECO Civic Education Sample Questions and Answers
NECO Civic Education Theory Answers:
Citizenship education is an education that empower individuals to understand their rights and to be responsible, respectful, and participatory.
(i)Allowing Citizens To Contribute For Common Good
(ii)Being Civil Competencies
(iii)Creating Freedom Awareness Among Citizens
(iv)Knowing Of One’s Constitutional Rights
(v)Ensuring Equality Of Citizens
(vi)Understanding The Truth
(Pick any 5)
(ii) Multi-tasking skills.
(vi) Leadership skills.
(ix) A sense of humor.
Ii. religion and belief is a de facto in the morning would be good. Consider before they give their children as for marriage.
iii. Educational background is another factors a responsible parents the children
iv. Personality and character of the partner of a child must be considered by the parent
V. Occupation of the partner of the child is also partner mouth
Inter communal relationship is a relationship that exists between two or more communities. One of the major objectives of the Government is to ensure that the Government is close to the members of the community and provide a forum where local people can defend themselves and also develop their local communities.
(i) Provision of political development:- A good and positive inter communal relationship helps to promote political development of different kinds and ensures that concerned communities participate in issue related to the development of the community.
(ii) Promotion of peace and unity:- A positive inter communal relationship will help to promote peace and unity in the community.
(iii) Enhancement of security:- It ensures stable and standby security consciousness in the community. It will help to remove fear of violence, war or any kind of between communities.
(iv) Promotion of tribal Marriage:- When there is a good relationship between different communities, it becomes easy for communal/tribal marriage to take place. Positive inter-communal relationship will enhance willingness for the communities to give out their sons and daughters to others from another tribe.
(v) Promotion of economic Progress:- A responsible and positive inter-communal relationship will enhance peaceful atmosphere and strategies for each other or each other business like inter marketing strategies etc.
(i) Right to life
(ii) Right to personal liberty
(iii) Right to fair hearing
(i)contesting election:a citizen has the right to contest for any political offices any time he wishes to do so
(ii)voting in election: citizens have the right to cast their votes for the candidate of their choice without interference from any body
(iii)Belonging to a political party: it’s the political right of a citizen to belong to any political parties of his choices.
Popular participation: this can be defined as the process where by individuals get themselves involves in the political activities and in the decision making of their country.
(i) good governance: when the govt in power provide good governance to the citizens , it will enable the citizens to be interested in participating in their political system
(ii) Free and fair election: if there is free and fair election that devoid of harassment and intimidation of voters , it will encourage the citizens to be interest in the political system of their country
(iii) Rule of law: supremacy of the constitution that will guarantee level playing ground for both the voters and candidates may encourage citizens to take in their political system
(iv)Failure of the past govt: people may want to participate in govt because past govt failed the people in the areas of provision of amenities, so citizens may be encouraged to come out and vote bad govt out of office
(i) Speed limit
(ii) No overtaking
(iii) Packing hall
(i) Over speeding: At high speed the vehicle needs greater distance to stop i.e. braking distance. The ability to judge the forthcoming events also gets reduced while driving at faster speed which causes error in judgment and finally a crash.
(ii) Bad roads: The failure of successive government in Nigeria to fix the death traps called roads in Nigeria has no doubt caused so much pain to temporary and frequent roads user’s
(iii) Poor vehicle maintenance: Most of the vehicles are in bad shape and as a result of the bad maintenance cause so many accident in Nigeria.
(iv) Drunken driving: Consumption of alcohol decreases reaction time of a human body. Limbs take more to react to the instructions of brain. It hampers vision due to dizziness. It also dampens fear and incite humans to take risks. All these factors while driving causes accidents.
(v) Distraction to Driver:
Though distraction while driving could be minor but it can cause major accidents. Distractions could be outside or inside the vehicle. The major distraction nowadays is talking on mobile phone while driving.
The questions below are the Neco past questions and answers that will help you in your 2023 NECO Civic Education Questions.
1. The legitimate power to compel others into obedience is
2. The organization responsible for the issuance of driving license is
(a) Federal Road Safety Commission
(b) National Union of road Transport Workers
(c) Nigeria Immigration Service
(d) Nigeria Police force
(e) Vehicle Inspection Office
3. Which of the following is a preventive measure against cultism?
(a) Drug Abuse should be encouraged
(b) Religious and moral education should be removed from the school curriculum
(c) Students should be allowed to join any group
(e) Students should be counseled on the evils of cultism.
4. The agency in Nigeria charged with the responsibility of controlling drug abuse is
(a) Federal Road Safety Corps
(b) National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control
(c) National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency
(d) National Orientation Agency
(e) Nigeria Security and Civil Defence corps.
5. Civil Society organizations contribute to the citizen’s ability to exchange- on national issues
6. Constitutional review and amendment is the sole responsibility of the
7. The most effective means of resolving dispute in the society is
(c) Court action
8. The skill-acquisition project that requires huge capital to start is
9. The Nigeria Police Act of 1964 spells out the following functions except
(a) Apprehension of offenders
(b) Bribery and corruption
(c) Prevention and detention of criminals
(d) Protection of lives and property
(e) preservation of law and order
10. Which of the following organizations is not expected to protest against government policies?
(a) Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps
(b) Association of market Women
(c) National Council of Women Societies
(d) Nigeria Football Association
(e) Nigeria Financial Institutions
11. A behaviour that is socially acceptable is
12. The involvement of the majority of the political activities of a nation is called popular
13. A preventive measure against infections of HIV/AIDS is
(a) Being unfaithful to one’s partner
(b) sharing of syringe
(c) the use of sterilized objects
(d) transfusion of blood without screening
(e) unprotected sex
14. Drugs can be abused in the following ways except
15. Which of the following is not an objective of citizenship education?
(a) Political participation
(b) Political apathy
(c) Political efficacy
(d) Respect for constituted authority
(e) Religious tolerance
16. Which of the following statements if not correct about human trafficking?
(a) Every country in the world is affected by trafficking
(b) it is the abuse of power or a position in order to exploit the vulnerable
(c) Men are mostly victims of the activity
(d) traffickers benefit from the crime
(e) victims are recruited through force or deception
17. A symbol used by political parties for easy identification is known as
18. To win children’s confidence questions should be asked by the parents
19. A foreigner who has resided in Nigeria for 21 years can be granted citizenship by
20. Queuing culture is aimed at ensuring in the society
21. Which of the following is not a measure for curbing cultism in our society?
(a) Good home training
(b) Good leadership
(c) Legislation on cultism
(d) Proliferation of arms
(e) Upholding of societal values
22. In the classification of road, feeder roads are under the supervision of government
(a) District (b) Federal (c) Local (d) Regional (e) State
23. Drug abuse can be curbed through the following ways except
(a) Avoidance of bad friends (b) counseling programme (c) enactment of laws (d) self medication (e) parental monitoring
24. Which of the following does not explain the involvement of the citizens in the political activities of a state?
(a) Attending party meetings (b) Belonging to a political party (c) Membership of a pressure group (d) Contesting election (e) Voter’s registration
25. Interpersonal relationship is promoted through the following attributes except
(a) Caring (b) Envy (c) Honesty (d) Kindness (e) Patience
26. Good values stress the need to be
(a) Arrogant (b) conservative (c) generous (d) selfish (e) Stingy
27 Which of the following is not an acceptable strategy for canvassing for vote? Use of
(a) Campaign (b) Logo (c) Manifesto (d) Rallies (e) thuggery
28. Which of the following is not an objective of youth empowerment programmes? To/For
A. attitude re-orientation among youths. B. create avenue for financial misappropriation C. expose the youths to skills acquisition. D. provide vocational training. E. stimulate entrepreneurial development.
29. Acquiring citizenship education helps and individual to become all the following except
A. Charismatic. B. Creative C. Productive D. Responsible E. Unpatriotic
30. The ability of an individual to dedicate time and resources to support a cause is called. A. Commitment B. Love C. Sincerity D. Tolerance E. Trust.
31. Which of the following factors does not facilitate employment? A. Good medical care B. Loans and grants C. Stable power supply D. Unstable government E. Use of improved technology.
32. Parenthood is defined within the concept of a/an
A. ancestry B. ethnic group C. family D. town E. village
33. Which of the following is not a form of human rights abuse?
A. Child trafficking B. Extra judicial killings C.imprisonment of a convict D. Restriction on freedom of expression E. Restriction on freedom of movement.
34. The ability to do what is right irrespective of external pressure is known as A. morality B. personality C. religious bigotry D. spirituality E. stiff nakedness.
35. Which of the following is equal to drug abuse? A. Application of stitches on wounds B. Use of body spray C. Use of paracetamol D. Consumption of soft drinks E. Self medication
36. Which of the following is a consequence of cultism?
A. Economics hardship B. Under-development C. Religious crisis D. Quest for knowledge E. unexpected death
37. When youths are empowered with proper skills, it helps in the reduction of poverty and ______in the society. A. crimes B. disease C. progress D. self awareness (e) self-pity
38. Which of the following is not a feature of civil society? They
(a) Are formed by people of like minds (b) are independent of the government (c) are pressure groups (d) support all government policies and decisions (e) use more of persuasion the coercion
39. Which of the following is not a reason for the initial introduction of confraternity in Nigerian Universities
(a) Curbing societal ills (b) Disrupting academic activities (c) listening to students’ grievances (d) promoting indigenous African culture (e) use of dialogue to settle disputes
40. Which political party in Nigeria has the word ‘power’ as its slogan
(a) All progressive Congress (b) Alliance for Democracy (c) Labour Party (d) People’s Democratic Party (e) Peoples Redemption party
41. The concept of impartiality of the public servant suggests that he/she must be
(a) Confrontational to superior officers (b) loyal to any government (c) desperate to lead (d) permanent in the service (e) politically biased
42. Which of the following pairs is important in our relationship with others?
(a) Cheating and trust (b) Fighting and gossiping (c) Honesty and social vices (d) Honesty and trust (e) Trust and mistrust
43. The duty of a good citizen is to
(a) Acquire wealth through illegal means (b) be indifferent to political activities (c) cause confusion in the society (d) contribute to the development of the society (e) indulge in anti-social behaviours.
44. In Nigeria’s political arrangement, elections come after every year
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5 (e) 6
45. Which of the following is guilty of human trafficking?
(a) All NGOs rehabilitating rescued victims (b) unknowingly transport the victims (c) Government agencies charged with the responsibility of curbing the act (d) government officials using victims as home maids (e) innocent parents who are ignorant of the offence
46. Which of the following positions in the legislative arm of government is not elective? \
(a) Chief whip (b) Clerk of the House (c) Majority Leader (d) Senate President (e) Speaker of the House
47. The All Progressive Congress is an offshoot of
(a) Action Congress of Nigeria, Labour party and Kowa Party
(b) All Progressives Grand Alliance, Democratic Movement Party and Accord Party
(c) Alliance for Democracy, Conscience and Party and Independent Democrat.
(d) Congress for Progressive Change, Action Congress of Nigeria and all Nigeria Peoples Party
(e) Fresh Democratic party, Peoples Redemption Party and Action Alliance
48. Symptoms of drug abuse do not include
(a) Hyper activity (b) Loss of appetite (c) mental orderliness (d) reduction in sexual urge (e) Sleeplessness
49. According to Universal Declaration of Human Rights the following are core freedoms except right to
(a) Enslave others (b) Liberty (c) Life (d) non-discrimination (e) Security
50. Stigmatization of people living with HIV/AIDS can lead to
(a) Being famous (b) bright future (c) self actualization (d) self esteem (e) social isolation
51. The public servant is part of the arm of government
(a) Executive (b) Judicial (c) Legislative (d) Parliamentary (e) Presidential
52. The most important ingredient and stimulates development in society is
(a) Cooperation (b) generosity (c) intelligence (d) Justice (e) Obedience
53. Which system of government allows the control of the means of production in few hands?
(a) Capitalism (b) Communalism (c) Communism (d) Feudalism (e) Socialism
54. Drug abuse involves the following except
(a) Continuous usage of drugs despite adverse effects (b) self administration of the drug (c) taking drugs based on prescription (d) taking drugs beyond recommended dosage (e) using drugs in medically unaccepted ways
55. Popular participation can be defined as
(a) Elitist involvement in all activities in the society (b) gradual participation of citizens in the activities of the community (c) grassroots participation in politics (d) partial involvement in politics by all qualified citizens (e) voluntary involvement of the majority in the political activities of their country
56. Responsible parenting is essential because it
(a) Guarantes religious and ethnic tolerance (b) produces dysfunctional family (c) prevents children from acquiring skills (d) prepares young ladies for single parenthood (e) prepares young men to be dependent
57. The centre of Human rights and democracy was established in
(a) 1991 (b) 1992 (c) 1993 (d) 1994 (e) 1995
58. What is the colour of this ribbon that symbolizes the campaign about HIV/AIDS?
(a) Blue (b) Green (c) Pink (d) Red (e) Yellow
59. The aim of Youth empowerment programmes is to develop skills
Cultural (b) life-coping (c) political (d) religious (e) social
60. Citizens who patiently bear the pains of government policy are exhibiting the trait of
(a) Dedication (b) loyalty (c) perseverance (d) respect (e) self control
How to Download NECO Civic Education past Questions and Answers
Here are the instructions to be followed in order to download the NECO Civic Education Questions and answers without any issue. Please follow our instructions and guide very well.
The cost of the newly updated NECO Past Questions and Answers is 2,000.00 naira only for One Subject e.g
- Use of English 1000 naira
- Biology 1000 naira
- Chemistry 1000 naira
- Physics 1000 naira
See The Payment Detail Below.
To get NECO Past Questions and Answers follow the steps below.
Pay into the account below.
Account Name: ETUK, OTO-OBONG EMMANUEL
Account Number: 0318379097
After Payment , send the following
(1) Depositors name,
(2) Teller number,
(3) Amount paid to 07063986527 on whatsapp or [email protected]
The purchased NECO Past Questions and Answer will be uploaded immediately into your email address within the next 24 hours.
If you have purchased yours, kindly drop a testimony in the comment box below.
CALL or WhatsApp EXAMSTUTS: 07063986527
Send all your mails to [email protected]
Download also: The complete NECO Past Questions and answers for all subjects.
Tips on How to Pass NECO Examination 2023
If you want to Past the NECO Examination this year, you will need to follow the instructions below.
- Practice daily with NECO Past Questions and Answers
- Write out your subjects, the dates and time.
- Engage in general revision few days to the examination and dwell more on the subjects you find difficult.
- Focus on only your first paper a week to the exam. This would make it sweet and you will have energy to read for other papers.
- Don’t read any other subject when it is two days to a particular subject.
- When you have two papers that are separated by only one day, read the second one first before going to the subject you have first.
- Ensure to be in the NECO examination venue at least two hours to the examination so that you would be balanced.
- Try to be up to date in cases of changes in the timetable.
- Have a personal copy of the NECO timetable and syllabus.
- Go through your timetable daily so that you don’t miss any paper.
- Don’t go to the hall when you are not having paper that day.
Disclaimer: Please note these are not the actual questions and answers that you will find in the NECO Examination this year, but they are the likely questions. to get the actual NECO Past Questions and answers, please call 07063986527.
If this article on NECO Civic Education Questions and Answers has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
If You Want More Information, please subscribe to our email list and leave a comment with your number below, also Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin
For Inquiries on all Past Questions Call 07063986527 or Chat on WhatsApp.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not in any way affiliated with any of the organizations or institutions here. All articles here are for the sole purpose of providing information. All Past questions are gotten from previous years’ examinations and likely questions from the Internet and related exams. We are not in any way promising that what you find in the past questions is what you will find in your examination. We are not in any way responsible for how the reader uses the information here. Please do consult an expert or professional in your field should the need arise.
Copyrights Infringement: No article from this website should be copied without a proper reference and link to the page picked from. Anything otherwise will lead to legal action of copyright infringement. All articles on this website are products of painstaking research from our writers and journalist. Should you find any material bearing semblance here to any material on your page, please quickly notify us by sending a mail to [email protected] and we will immediately commence the process of taking it down.